How to Be an Illusionist by JC Sum
Have you always wondered how to be an illusionist?
Do you wish to perform on a large stage for thousands of people?
Maybe you are a working magician specializing in close-up or stage magic and are looking to put together a bigger show for a special event?
How to Be an Illusionist is a first-of-its kind introductory course on performing a modern illusion show in today's entertainment and pop culture market.
In this comprehensive course, you will learn step by step how to put an illusion show together, regardless of whether you perform illusions for fun, as a hobby, part-time or professionally.
You will receive a goldmine of information that will empower you with practical knowledge to take on the world of grand illusions; including a primer, with credits, on over 100 well-known illusions performed today.
The course consists of 10 modules of information that is worth thousands of dollars to the performing illusionist, and has taken years of experience to learn and develop.
It features over 80 full-color photographs of a dozen international illusionists in performance, including David DaVinci (USA), David & Abi Haines (USA), Kyle Knight & Mistie (USA), Miguel Gavilan (Spain), Hector Ruiz (Spain), Ramy Savary (France), Adeline Ng (Singapore), Daniel Ka (Spain), Sam Powers (Australia), Jason Bishop (USA), Jay Mattioli (USA), and Sean Alexander (U.K.).
PART 1: BASIC ILLUSION TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
PART 2: OVERVIEW OF POPULAR ILLUSION EFFECTS
- How to Learn Illusions
- Basic Illusion Utilities
- Understanding Basic Illusion Design and Deceptiveness
PART 3: HOW TO CHOOSE ILLUSION SHOW MATERIAL
- Double Transpositions
PART 4: HOW TO GET THE ILLUSIONS
- Experiment with Simple Illusions
- Choosing Your First Illusion
- Choosing Supporting Material
PART 5: CASING THE ILLUSIONS
- Buying the Illusion
- Financing the Illusion
- Building the Illusion
- Building an Illusion from a Set of Plans
PART 6: HOW TO PRODUCE THE SHOW
- ATA Flight Cases
- Basic Flight/Road Cases
- Advanced Flight/Road Cases
- Canvas and Poly-Fiber Cases
- How to Store and Transport Illusions
- Freight Forwarding Illusions
PART 7: SHOW SUPPORT
- Show Structure
- Show Format
- Alternative Show Concepts
- Different Ways to Open an Illusion Show
PART 8: PRACTICE AND REHEARSAL
- Show Support Team
- Prop Movement and Staging
- Basic Sound for Illusion Shows
- Music Design
- Basic Lighting for Illusion Shows
- Show Cue Sheet
PART 9: ILLUSION PERFORMANCE AND PERFORMING
- The Illusionist On-stage Cue System
PART 10: THE MODERN ILLUSIONIST
- Performing Tips
- How to Improve Your Performance and Show
- Differentiate Your Illusion Performance
- Perform Your Show
BIBLIOGRAPHY AND REFERENCES
- The Illusionist Versus the Magician
- Four Ways Performing Magic and Illusions is Different Today
- What the Modern Illusionist Needs to Do to be Successful
270 Pages. 6" x 9". Full Color.