This is J C Sum's first complete book on original illusions & presentations. Widely acknowledged as one of the most innovative magic minds in Asia, J C is also one of the premier corporate entertainers in the region.
J C shares a small treasury of illusions straight out of his professional repertoire and material he has developed for clients over the past seven years.
The book features over twenty illusions with carefully thought out designs, methodologies and presentation plots that take into consideration motivation, logic and credibility in the performance of illusion. All the illusions were created for the working performer. All props are designed to pack down effectively for transport and most of the illusions can be performed surrounded or with audiences on three sides.
'Illusionary Departures' features 120 pages of illusion construction plans as well as full illusion presentations.
- WALK THROUGH THE WINERY - An original penetration illusion
- VISUAL DISPLACEMENT - The passing of a person through four vertical solid steel bars
- THE TIME MACHINE - A �cerebral� stage routine performed to a time-travel plot
- CURTAIN CALL + TRUNK ESCAPE - Radically different variations & presentation ideas for the �Substitution Trunk�
- CREATION OF LIFE - A paradigm of powerful illusion presentation
- FOURTH DIMENSIONAL EXIT - The magical vanishing of a company of dancers/ performers using a new illusion utility
- CRYSTAL STRIPTEASE - The magical vanish & reappearance of a girl while being stripped of her clothes
- NEW-AGE SPIRIT CABINET - The manifestation of inanimate objects with a kicker ending
- SWEEPSTAKES - When motivation and combination collide
- BACK DOOR APPEARANCE - The magical appearance of a person(s) in a special event setting
- GRAFFITI GIRL - An audience participation illusion with a girl from graffiti appearance
- MOTION DELAYED VANISH/ APPEARANCE - An original application of an illusion utility
- MODERN FLIGHT CASE TABLE - An ATA case-table for working performers
- BRANDED - A corporate logo magically appears in a flash of fire
- GHOST CABINET - A versatile prop for a multi-cast illusion production number
J C recently returned from a successful project for a Samsung product launch in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. He performed a number of original illusions as detailed in 'Illusionary Departures' including 'Branded' and 'Backdoor Appearance' (used to produced 4 girls). This was actually a modified version of 'Backdoor Appearance' as he also produced a giant-sized TV.