Tales From The Planet Of Bloom
3 Volume Set Gaetan Bloom is one of the most creative magicians in the world. His magic it truly ingenious both in effect and in method. Volume One of this three-part series includes incredible magic with wristwatches, boxes, food, and cards. One of the many strengths of Gaetan's magic is that it is very easy to learn and perform. The most amazing thing about his magic is the you and your audiences will be fooled badly -- every single time.
- Top Chrono: Your wristwatch vanishes and appears knotted in the center of a rope.
- Rhodo Box Mystery: Packets of cards are shuffled by two spectators. A card is selected from one group and lost. You pretend to memorize the packet with the selection. The spectator names his card and you immediately announce the exact position of the card in the deck. As a kicker ending you now name every single card in the second spectators packet.
- McBloom: A brown paper bag is shown empty and an entire fast food meal is produced from it -- burgers, fries, napkins, soda, etc…
- Stringing You Along: An impossible routine where the spectator shuffles the deck, cuts it into three piles and eliminates one. The procedure is repeated until only one card is left. The card matches a prediction, which has been in full view throughout the routine.
- Blind Complicity: You write a prediction on a Post It note. A spectator touches any facedown card and the Post It note is stuck to the selection and lost in the deck. A second spectator touches the face of any card, which turns out to have the Post It note on it. When the Post It note is unfolded it contains the name of the free selection.
- Fakir Royale: A board with nine nails holding hidden prizes is displayed. Eight spectators each pull one nail out and keep the prize that falls. One nail is left for you and it is shown to be holding a stack of $100 bills.
Approximately 85min Volume 2
- Kit Klop: Teaching how to quit smoking by eating cigarette paper and a chunk of tobacco. You wash it all down with a glass of water and produce a cigarette from your mouth.
- Bonux (Bleached): A card is freely selected and signed. It is thrown into a box of bleach with the rest of the deck and the box is shaken. A second spectator comes up with a number. The cards are dumped out of the box and the signed selection is found at the number selected by the second spectator. As a kicker ending all the cards except the selection are now blank.
- Fifty-Fifty: A guessing game where you keep betting money with a spectator on the locations of a big key and a small key. As a finale the spectator selects one of the keys -- the key he freely selects matches an empty suitcase while the suitcase he left for you is full of money and prizes.
- Immortal: Using a deck of cards and an imaginative story about finding out when a man is going to die a spectator selects a card from one deck and it is found missing from a second deck.
- The Plate Trick: A spectator shuffles a deck of cards, selects one and signs it. A second spectator shuffles some paper plates with numbers on them. A box of dice is also shaken. The plates are tossed into the audience. The dice read 2 and 6. The plate with 26 written on it is torn to show the signed selection imbedded within the paper.
Approximately 85min Volume 3
- Easy Samo Ramee: A spectator thinks of any card and you tell him what card he is thinking of after asking a few simple questions.
- The News: A shuffled deck of cards is scattered on a newspaper and the newspaper is shaken until cards turn face-up. The face-up cards are placed aside. You keep doing this until only one face-down card remains. That card matches a prediction that has been in full view since the beginning.
- Lasso: A freely selected card is signed and returned to the deck. The deck is placed in a hat. A rope is lowered into the hat and when it is removed the signed selection is knotted on the rope.
- Spring Diction: Sheets of newspaper are placed on the floor and a Slinky is used to eliminate some of the sheets. The Slinky is placed anywhere on the selected paper and the spectator thinks of a word located by the Slinky. The thought of word has been predicted in advance.
- Quarte: A horse race themed routine is used to randomly select the winning horses. At the conclusion a slate is shown with the correct results written in advance.
Remember the routines are easy to do and are guaranteed to entertain and fool any audience of laypeople or magicians. A Meir Yedid Magic product. Original release date: DVD: June 2008, VHS: 1999.
Running Time Approximately 75min