Miracles For Mortals by Geoff Williams
Volume One Bonus Effects:
- ELECTRICAL ARTLET - Boom box cord too short to reach the wall outlet? No problem; just draw an outlet on a pad of paper, plug in the cord and the music starts right up! Based on a Fantasio effect and used with his permission.
- UPLOOPTED - A horizontal card levitation that looks UNBELIEVABLE!
- THE "I HATE DAVID COPPERFIELD" TRICK - Based on "Close-Up Illusion" by Larry Jennings, a card VISIBLY MELTS through another. The visuals here go WAY BEYOND the original.
- THE OMEGA BET - Based on the Karl Fulves effect, Bob Wagner has turned this into a KILLER piece of entertainment, a 5-phase whirlwind of fun for everyone in the room! A random spectator decides the final, and most impossible, bet of all. The routine uses my false overhand shuffle (which is quite easy but appears totally fair).
- MORE ON "OIL & WATER" - Sam Schwartz's wondrous 3-phase, 8-card O & W routine with NO SLEIGHTS! NONE! Thanks to Sam for allowing me to include this gem with minor handling changes.
- MIRACLE COIN VANISH - This gets GASPS from spectators. Looks like real magic. (Note: a jacket or sportcoat is required)
- JUST A BIT MORE ULTIMATE THAN JOHN MENDOZA'S "ULTIMATE TORN & RESTORED CARD" - The name says it all. In an e-mail to me, Mr. Mendoza (a close-up DEITY) said he thinks more of this method (of his trick which appeared in "The Book of John") than any of the "piece-by-piece" restorations out there. You're clean at the first and clean at the end. As a bonus, it's SUPER EASY to do even though the card is SIGNED ON BOTH SIDES!
- INVISIBLE DECK FINESSE - Makes using an Invisible Deck more fun than ever (and the reset is DURING the routine).
- FORKLIFT - Move silverware with your mind!
- 4-WAY COINCIDENCE - A reworking of a stunning prediction routine by John Murray from "Card Cavalcade 3" by Jerry Mentzer (included with Jerry's permission). Use a borrowed, thoroughly-shuffled deck. There's only one real "move" (which is laughably simple).
Volume Two Bonus Effect: FURIOUS, JR.
- BACHELOR'S THREAD - Raj Madhok's marvelous method of magically producing the ring for a Ring & String routine. It just appears out of NOWHERE!
- THREADY OR NOT - My "improved" handling for the first phase of any Ring & String routine. Originally based on the Earl Nelson move (in "Variations"), this one addresses two major discrepancies in the original.
- READY 2 LINK - A technique that makes the get ready for the Linking Rubberbands TOTALLY INVISIBLE. Based on Roger Klause's brilliant concept of "half-moves".
- SHUFFLING STYLES FROM AROUND THE WORLD - A modular card routine where a card is located after a series of shuffling demonstrations. Includes the marvelous "Sybil" flourish cut (thanks to Chris Kenner) which is taught with a 5-card packet for easier learning.
- IS IT HOT IN HERE OR IS IT JUST ME? - How to produce a seemingly-lit cigarette from anywhere on your person AT ANY TIME in your act.
- DEVASTATION - This might just be the BEST impromptu card trick ON THE PLANET! Tom Daugherty's totally impossible card location that'll devastate your audience (hence the name). Note: there's NOT ONE SLEIGHT in the entire trick! Works with a borrowed deck. Worth the price of this DVD MANY TIMES over.
- BEAR HANDS - A great packet trick for kids (or adults) where a bear jumps from a card onto a spectator's hand.
- HAIRBALLS - A multi-phase, 2-ball sponge ball routine loaded with magic and designed to keep the spectator from opening their hand early (and spoiling the surprise finish).
- THE HAT TRICK - The close-up version of pulling a rabbit out of a hat, suitable even for restaurant workers.
- EVERYTHING'S A RADIO - A real reputation maker! Make a radio station broadcast come out of anything: a ketchup bottle, a crayon, a drawing... ANYTHING!
- IF THINE EYE OFFENDS THEE - Your eyeball falls out. You wash it off in your mouth. You glue it back in. What could be more natural?
- A "penny to jumbo coin" routine inspired by the Gary Kurtz original.