Elegant Card Magic by Rafael Benatar
Rafael Benatar is a Venezuelan working professional magician who lives in Spain and is one of the most active members of the world-renowned Escuela Mágica de Madrid. His classy and elegant magic is explained with such clarity and attention to detail that these DVDs are guaranteed to raise your magic to a new level.
.Routines performed and explained:
- Hot Transposition: Two cards continually change places under seemingly impossible conditions.
- Karate: Using a karate chop a six is split into two threes and a ten into two fives.
- Photomat: A repeat signed card to pocket routine with a finale where the signature is visually removed.
- A Card And A Number: A three-phase routine where a selected card appears at a position in the deck named by a spectator.
- Relative Interchange (Max Maven): Four indifferent cards change places with the Ace through Four of Spades, one card at a time.
- The Venezuelan Tunnel: A selected card turns face-up as it is pushed through the deck.
- Kangaroo People: Explaining that magicians descend from Kangaroos a card is placed in an invisible pouch in your palm and then removed.
- Devilishly Invisible: Rafael's trademark routine in which spectators are taught how to see an invisible card.
Running Time Approximately 90min Volume 2
- The Clark Kent Card Change: An indifferent card visually changes into the spectator's selected card as you blow on it.
- 69: A six turns into a selected nine while in full view. The selected card is then shown to be a joker. Neither & Also: Two selected cards are found in an offbeat and visual manner.
- A Perfect 10: Two cards are produced as the selection but are wrong. When the pips of the two cards are added they total the selection's value. The two cards visually melt into the selection.
- The Rhythm Twins: A new handling for Brother John Hamman's classic plot about twin Kings who married twin Queens.
- The Unambitious Magician: A parody geared toward magicians where obvious sleights are used to cancel each other.
- Countdown: A startling assembly where Kings vanish from their packets one at a time and appear in a leader packet. As a surprise finale all four Kings appear in an unexpected place.
- Right Between The Eyes: A card routine for the stage in which you ascertain the name of a selected card by reading the hand of a lady who picked it and then quickly pull it out of the shuffled deck from the pocket of a gentleman. Then, to everyone's astonishment, the gentleman performs the trick himself without knowing how.
- Professional Oil and Water Routine: Ascanio's Oil and Water smoothly blended with Roy Walton's Oil and Queens to form a very strong three-phase routine.
- Double-Card Handling Techniques: Rafael Benatar is a master of double card handling and he spends some time explaining all the fine points of natural double turnovers as well as how to handle, replace and table double cards. Techniques include: Slippery Double Turnover, Slippery Drop, Pivoting Double, Double Replacements, Tamariz Boomerang Replacement, Reinhard Muller's Nail Replacement and more.