Enigmatic - DeCova
We filmed eccentric Bavarian Magic Alexander de Cova perform, when he made his only lecture here in America. Later we got him aside and he revealed in detail the methods, history, and thinking behind the dozen knockout effects on the two ENIGMATIC volumes.
Alex's unconventional ideas for parlour and platform, are audience tested and perfected over many years. His way of avoiding complicated methods by means of ingenious simplicity will keep surprising you.
Watch real avant-garde magic from the non-conformist mind of Europe's best, Alexander de Cova.
- ROPING - Featuring an extraordinary jumping knot that's super simple to do.
- PREMONITION - The classic effect. Just as effective, Just as strong. Only cleverly simplified. No memory, no indexes...
- BEER GAME - Someone else pays for the beer. A very popular trick in Bavaria. Or use juice for the little ones.
- MASTER SILKS - Dedicated to the masters. Alexander's handling of the Sympathetic Silks plot is both direct and very deceptive.
- STAB IN THE DARK - Seemingly scan a deck for a few seconds and know which cards is missing, then stab it's mate in the dark.
- RING-O-CHANGE - Defy the laws of physics. How can a borrowed ring be in two places at the same time? Plays to the largest crowd.
Running Time Approximately 85min Volume 2
- MISERS DREAM - No sleight of hand method can match this extraordinary illusion that Alexander has created for this effect.
- BOXED TRANSPOSITION - A signed card flies to cardscase while both are in full view. Then comes a real puzzle climax.
- FORTE X -Whatever card your spectators are thinking of, you have it already predicted! A real stunner!
- POROUS PLASTIC -Three silver dollars penetrate a clear plastic ziplock three times. Can also be done with cookies for the kiddies
- GROUNDHOG DAY - Experimental magic based on deja vu. Experimental magic based on deja vu.
- BEAN COUNTER - Can the audience guess how many beans are in a jar? Yep! Right down to the last bean. What a lucky crowd.
Running Time Approximately 75min