My Best - John Mendoza
3 volume set
John Mendoza is a legendary figure in close-up magic and his books and manuscripts can be found in just about every magician's library. In addition to his own effects and routines, John has also authored books for such notables as Don England, Chris Kenner and Dan Fleshman. For over 35 years, he's made his living performing close-up magic and in this remarkable set of DVDs, John shares the secrets of that success. These are the tricks that have taken John Mendoza literally around the world they're the very best effects that this world-class entertainer has to offer and and now they can be yours.
DICE STACKING In an amazing display of skill, the performer manages to stack four dice with an inverted cup. From there, however, things get even more magical as the dice visibly shrink, huge dice appear and finally, a drink is produced from underneath the dice cup. AMBITIOUS 1-2-3-4-5 A spectator is asked to call out a number from one to five. A deck of cards is shuffled with some of the cards turned face up and some face down. Yet, when the cards are spread, the four cards that match the spectator's choice are the only ones that remain face up. ACE PRODUCTION The four Aces are produced from a shuffled deck simply by cutting the deck. This is the perfect lead-in to any four Ace routine! SIMPLE COLLECTORS The four Aces are set aside and three cards are selected and lost in the deck. The Aces are very fairly placed on top of the deck yet, when they are spread, the three selections are now found to be in between them. RED/BLACK SHUFFLE ROUTINE To begin, a spectator deals the cards randomly into two piles yet somehow, the cards are divided into reds and blacks. Then, the performer performs a dazzling display of pasteboard dexterity as no matter how much or how many times the cards are mixed, the two colors refuse to be mixed! CHOP CUP ROUTINE The spectator can't seem to guess correctly whether the little ball is in the performer's pocket or underneath the little brass goblet. It all becomes a moot point when two large balls are produced from out of nowhere. Short, sweet and to the point. FEMALE A spectator freely names a card and every other card is shown to have a man's name on its back. The chosen card is not just the only card in the deck with a woman's name it turns out to be the spectator's name! ROUTINED POKER MENTAL Four spectators are asked to simply think of one card in a Poker hand, yet the performer is able to accurately determine each of the mentally-chosen selections. MENDOZA CUPS AND BALLS A classic of magic with the Mendoza touch, complete with sequences that are guaranteed to fool even seasoned Cups and Balls workers. A truly reputation-making routine! Running Time Approximately 1hr 50min
Running Time Approximately 1hr 58min
- BOWL ROUTINE The Mendoza version of Roy Benson's classic routine is full of magical surprises as sponge balls vanish and reappear underneath an inverted bowl. The fun doesn't stop there as the balls even magically appear in a spectator's hand, leading up to a surprising and off-the-wall finish.
- BENDIX BOMBSHELL Two signed cards magically appear within the zippered compartment of the performer's wallet which has been in plain sight the entire time. This no-palm routine is perfect for strolling performers.
- HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF What begins as a game of Three-Card Monte (and later, Four-Card Monte) turns into a marvelous production of the four Aces.
- COINS THRU THE TABLE The performer causes three coins to pass through a solid table top all at once and then, later, one at a time. To finish, he shows the audience how it's done with a hilarious and amazing finale that can be adapted to any Coins Through Table routine.
- VERNON CUPS & BALLS Using the Professor's classic routine as his starting point, John Mendoza has taken the basic Cups and Balls to another level, ending with a final load sequence that has to be seen to be believed.
- MULTIPLYING BUNNIES If you think you know all there is to know about this all-time favorite, you've never seen John Mendoza perform it. This is an object lesson in how to take a trick and wring every ounce of entertainment out of it.
- AUTOMATIC DECK Turn an ordinary deck of cards into a machine that can produce Aces at the performer's command.
- THREE CARD MONTE A tall story and three ungimmicked cards make for an entertaining interlude where the audience is shown why you never play cards with strangers.
- TRANSLOCATION Four coins travel invisibly from one of the performer's hands to the other, even though his hands are flat on the table! An amazing variation on the classic Coins Across.
- BARRY NELSON'S FLASH CUPS Don't blink or you will miss the world's fastest Cups and Balls routine! Every element of the classic Cups and Balls is here, including final loads, and it's all performed in 20 seconds. A must see!
Running Time Approximately 1hr 50min
- KORAN PREDICTION While dealing, a spectator stops at a totally random card, which is shown to match the performer's prediction which has been in an envelope inside his wallet. And, yes, the wallet was on the table the entire time.
- COLOR CHANGING DECK Three selected cards are chosen from and returned to a red-backed deck. The performer locates all three not difficult to do since the selections are now the only red-backed cards. The rest of the deck is shown to have changed to blue-backed cards.
- POKER MACHINE The performer demonstrates a calculator with the uncanny ability to divine chosen cards. A baffling routine that will leave your audience shaking their heads!
- UNIVERSAL CARD Three red-backed blank cards, in turn, assume the identity of three freely-selected blue-backed cards. A classic polished to perfection by the Mendoza touch!
- CLYDE A freely thought-of card is named by the performer. Unfortunately, he names it "Clyde." However, when the backs of the cards are shown to all have completely different names written on their backs, an amazing moment is created when the thought-of card is shown to be the only one named Clyde.
- THE ULTIMATE TORN & RESTORED CARD A playing card, signed on the back by the spectator and on the face by the performer, is torn into small pieces and then completely restored.
- MYSTERY OF THE 19TH CARD A self-working trick that seems truly impossible. The spectator deals piles of cards from a shuffled deck and through an amazing coincidence, is able to accurately forecast a completely random outcome. An object lesson in how to make mathematically-based card effects entertaining and engaging!
- UNEARTHLY POWERS Through an elimination process, the performer forms smaller and smaller piles of cards until he is left with only one the spectator's selection. For the surprise finish, the top cards of the four piles are turned over to show the four Aces. As if that isn't enough, the piles are turned over to show a King on the bottom of each!
- VISA VERSA Two selected cards are found but unfortunately, are placed in front of the wrong spectators. The performer magically corrects the situation and causes the cards to invisibly change places.
- THE AMBITIOUS CARD Another classic of magic as a freely-named card repeatedly comes to the top of the deck. After several eye-popping sequences, the card returns to the top of the deck one last time�and brings its three mates with it!
- BETWEEN YOUR PALMS The Mendoza version of Alex Elmsley's timeless effect. A card is set aside in plain sight and a spectator is asked to place her hand on it. Three cards are selected one is signed and returned to the deck. The magician finds the first two but is apparently unable to find the signed card. For the amazing finish, the prediction card is found to be the one subsequently signed. The performer then reveals another prediction a slip of paper revealing the names of all three selected cards that was in a purse in plain sight the entire time!
- SIMPLE TUNNEL A selected card, pushed through a deck of cards, visibly turns face up as it slowly emerges from the other side. No gimmicked cards�just visual magic at its best.
- THE MOST DIFFICULT CARD TRICK IN THE WORLD Two cards are selected and lost in the deck. The performer tosses a card into the air and catches it in the middle of the deck right between the two previously chosen cards!
- MCDONALD'S FOUR ACES Three Aces vanish from their respective packets of cards with each vanish more amazing than the one that preceded it until all are found in the leader packet. If you perform any version of this classic Ace assembly, you will love the subtleties and throw-offs in the Mendoza version!