Standing Room Only Set - Steve Draun
3 Volume Set
Over the years, Steve Draun has gained a laudable reputation as one of the finest sleight-of-hand experts in the magic underground. By perfecting and re-perfecting his magic, magicians from around the world were invariably fooled, stunned and affected. Back in the day, Steve Draun's work was often discussed in hushed tones. However, as time went on, Draun's focus shifted from fooling the greatest minds in magic to performing for laymen. Now, his vast and varied audiences see only the best of the best of the best.
- AMBITIOUS CARD - Anyone can construct an Ambitious Card routine. You just combine a number of different phases. However, constructing a routine that's magical from the instant it starts and builds upwards from there is rarely done. This is one of the best!!
- $100 BILL SWITCH - A hilarious presentation which solves many problems - including the clean up!
- KNOTTED SILKS - New wrinkles added to Slydini's classic routine, including a surprise Vernon variation.
- VANISHING CIGARETTE - A lit cigarette completely and mysteriously vanishes. A super-clean handling that leaves them shaking their heads!
- COLOR CHANGING KNIVES - Pocket knives repeatedly change color and then - get this! - are handed out for examination. You'll love the strong finish for this classic - and the fact that it automatically resets!
- 3 CARD MONTE - A powerful routine that will leave the spectators rubbing their eyes in disbelief! You'll also learn a new and unique ending.
- CARDS ACROSS - A thoroughly professional routine with an original handling. You'll also pick up some valuable insights into palming, holding out and adding cards.
- RING FLIGHT - The classic Flying Ring plot combined with information on how to construct your own gimmick that will rival anything currently on the market.
- LINKING RINGS - Vernon's Symphony of the Rings with the Draun touch. Also discussed is a flaw that occurs when the routine is performed close up to which a very clever solution is offered that reinforces the illusion that all of the rings have been examined.
Running Time Approximately 1Hr 42Min Volume 2
- OUT OF THIS WORLD - If you could accomplish this classic effect by real magic, it might look very much like this - the clean-up is that good!
- FAN GLIMPSE - If you are not already familiar with this now-standard method of glimpsing a peeked card, you are in for a real treat. If you already use it, you'll find some interesting presentational ideas.
- FACE-UP ACES - A quick, surprising trick taught to Steve Draun by Ed Marlo. Some original ideas were added and what emerged impresses all who see it.
- TENKAI PENNIES - An impossible-looking technique is used to accomplish this standard, but still powerful, trick.
- MEMORY TRICK - A long-forgotten plot is updated and you're going to love the results!
- DECK VANISH - A stunning trick that features several new palming techniques. Also, a well-kept secret move for showing your pocket empty is revealed that you will use all of the time.
- WEB SHUFFLE - A great method for simultaneously culling and stacking using the riffle shuffle.
- UNEXPECTED LOCATION - The spectator is in control throughout. They shuffle, cut, remember a card, and then cut and shuffle some more. After all of that, the performer, after some amusing by-play, reveals the selection!
- BONUS TRICK: PORTENT ACES - One of Steve Draun's best items! An Ace-cutting trick par excellence! MASTER PASS CLASS WORKSHOP - Learn the moves that Steve Draun made his mark in the world of card magic with including his touches on the Classic Pass, the Table Pass, the Herrmann Turnover Pass, and his own remarkable Midnight Shift. You'll also learn Jack Sandwich, a strong trick that incorporates some of the powerful techniques taught in this special workshop. If you've ever wanted to learn, or improve, the Pass, you'll find this Workshop to be an invaluable resource.
Running Time Approximately 1Hr 15Min Volume 3
- PERFECT COIN VANISH - A silver dollar is vanished with both sleeves rolled up. Both hands are shown empty front and back - the hands are held out in front of the body the entire time - and then the coin is reproduced!
- ALL BACKS ROUTINE - A spectator is asked to select a card and is surprised to find that it has a back design on both sides. The performer fans the cards and shows that all of the cards have backs on both sides. Suddenly, the deck is returned to normal with backs and faces - and can be used for more effects as it is perfectly normal!
- QUICK CULL - After the spectator shuffles the cards, the performer finds the Aces with just a few flourishes.
- CENTER DEAL - A bluff Center Deal with a setup that looks so real, you'd swear that the Aces were in the center of the deck!
- COUNTING PUZZLE - Magicians will see an Elmsley Count but the results still don't seem possible! The ending even fools those who think they know the secret.
- BLUFF ACES - Some brand new twists on Marlo's classic effect.
- TRAVELERS - An updated version of Dai Vernon's timeless trick. The application of more modern palms and subtleties makes this standard even more deceptive.
- COPPER/SILVER - A practical, efficient and deceptive handling for a great classic of coin magic.
- ONE WAY DEAL - This is one of the tricks that made Steve Draun's reputation. An ordinary deck is shuffled by the spectator and the magician deals himself a full house in seven hands of 7-Card Stud Poker.
- TOPSY TURVEY - This is Steve Draun's handling of a trick invented by Marlo and included in his Riffle Shuffle trilogy. Most agree that it's the best of the seven versions created since the original.
- BONUS MATERIAL: CUT, PASS, CHANGE & SQUARE WORKSHOP - Learn advanced card techniques from the master. Though challenging, these moves, including work on running cuts, the Thumb Pass, the Mercury Change, and squaring a squared deck, will enable you to lift your card magic head and shoulders above the average card worker.
Running Time Approximately 1Hr 42Min