Premium Blend - Dan Harlan
6 Volume Set
Brand-New Innovative Magic Brewed by One of Our Best...
From the highest fertile grounds of the Sierra Nevada Mountains near Lake Tahoe, California comes one of America's most prized collections of high-quality close-up magic. Dan Harlan's Premium Blend performances have been hand-selected from only the finest routines in his vast field of expertise. Whether you crave the luscious simplicity of powerful presentations or the deep dark smoothness of authentic sleight-of-hand, you?re sure to find a flavor you cannot live without.
Volume One - Totally Mental
- PHOTO FINISH - A bunch of photos cut into quarters are mixed and four pieces randomly chosen. These pieces form a complete picture.
- NATURAL SELECTION - The magician controls the spectator's will to select the odd card among a group.
- MAGIC SPELL - Alphabet cards are mixed and five are chosen, but the word MAGIC comes up each time it is tried.
- HARLAN HOOKUP - The magician makes a spoon move with his mind, then demonstrates that he is creating an energy field between his hands which can easily be felt by anyone.
- UNDER COVERS - Writing appears inside a previously empty matchbook.
- DESTINATION UNKNOWN - Coins from various countries are hidden under cards and a small toy airplane is placed onto the card a spectator chooses. The cards are turned over and letters upon each spell out the country which matches the coin chosen.
- MIXED EMOTIONS - Poker chips bearing icons of emotion are stacked by a spectator and the magician predicts which emotions will be chosen.
- BOTH SIDES AGAINST THE MIDDLE - A spectator shuffles a deck under the table and reverses one card, placing it back in anywhere. The magician has predicted the reversed card and the card next to it.
- CRYPTIC COOKIE - A fortune is read which appears to have nothing to do with a selected card, but when folded it reveals the name of the selection.
Volume Two - Deck Aid
- UNGIMMICKED STRIKING MATCH - The spectator stops you as you deal through the cards. The selection matches a jumbo prediction. There is no gimmick and the deck is normal.
- COUNTER CROSS - The cards across with no palming or gimmicks.
- PEEK REVERSAL - A spectator simply peeks at any card as you riffle the corner of the deck, but you instantly reverse the selected card without any fishing at all.
- HARLAN HAUNTED HOOKUP - The haunted deck using Harlan's method which can be done with a borrowed pack.
- INTUITION - Presentation and handling of Dr. Jacob Daley's last trick in which the red aces change places with the black aces.
- SLOMOCO ACES - Harlan's new handling of Vernon's slo-motion ace assembly in which four odd-backed aces vanish visibly one-at-a-time and travel to the leader pack.
- BOUND AMBITION - The selected card rises while the pack is rubberbanded and the top card has been checked to make sure it is not the selection.
- ATTRACTION - Two selected cards travel from two separate packs into a third pack to be discovered on either side of a third random selection. No palming.
- COPY-CARDS - The deck of cards instantly changes into sheets of paper with photocopied pictures of the cards on them.
Volume Three - Games People Play
- MATCHBOX HUSTLE - Spectators cannot keep track of the box with the matches in it, then money
- SHAPE SHIFTERS - Two different colored, and different shaped, pieces of tissue are torn and restored, but the shapes have switched places.
- ROCK, SCISSORS, PAPER - The spectators cut through a strip of paper somehow always avoiding the pictures of rocks on it.
- SLUDGE AND ICE - An oil and water separation played like a game with red circles and black crosses.
- MICRO-MORPHOSIS - Two little wooden dolls painted to look like a male and female magical duo change places in a series of baffling exchanges.
- WHAT'S THE POINT - A game show in which the magician discovers which prizes have been secretly chosen by the contestants.
- IRONY OF THE ARTS - Revelation of a card using letters from a game of Scrabble. Uses ordinary letters and is impromptu.
- CLUE ME IN - The magician predicts which person, weapon, and room will be chosen from the board game Clue. Uses an ordinary game and is entirely impromptu.
- MONEY IN CARDS - The magician and two spectators choose cards face up for a game of blackjack. Each is a winner as the magician produces money from between each pair of cards.
Volume Four - Food Fun
- ONE OF THESE DAYS - Sawing a pack of gum in half and restoring the sticks back to their undamaged condition.
- CREDIT CARD FRAUD - The magician makes the spectator's credit card numbers appear on the magician's credit card, then he makes his numbers appear on their card.
- $10.89 - A great quicky where the meal server somehow predicts the exact tip.
- QUICK CREAM - The magician causes a small plastic creamer and a package of sugar to vanish using a spoon as a magic wand. When he stirs his coffee, the cream and sugar appear in it.
- CARD FORTUNE - A signed selected card vanishes from a deck and appears inside a signed selected fortune cookie, then the signed cookie is restored.
- BIRTHDAY SURPRISE - A drawing of a birthday cake is signed by the person having a birthday and the drawing changes when they blow out the candle.
- SPREAD �EM - The few remaining matches in a matchbook are made to move while remaining attached.
- NUTS? - A borrowed dollar changes places with some nuts, but a surprise awaits the person who opens the container. A new use for the old snake nut can.
- MOON-COOKIE - Impromptu eaten-and-restored cream filling in an Oreo cookie, complete with a script that makes it make sense.
Volume Five - Funny Business
- BUSINESS CARD NIGHTMARE - A drawing of three different length ropes changes to ropes of the same length using the Out-to-Lunch principle.
- YOUR FORTUNE - Two halves of two borrowed bills are destroyed, only to be discovered sealed inside fortune cookies held by the spectators the whole time.
- PENNED-IN - A borrowed dollar changes into an I.O.U. in the spectator's hand. The bill is found rolled up inside a pen he has been holding the whole time.
- PICTURE THIS - An entire card trick performed with photographs which somehow magically correspond to the spectator's choices.
- TENYO ZIG-ZAG CRAYON - A crayon is cut and restored. You'll want to dig out this classic prop and use this new presentation which justifies its existence and may be used for audiences of all ages.
- ART EXCHANGE - A spectator's drawing changes places with the magician's drawing instantly with no false moves.
- HOTEL PARADOX - An old puzzle where 10 travelers fit into only 9 rooms is turned into a physical magic trick, yet still works.
- CAPTAIN DREAD - The spectator becomes a pirate and using a treasure map finds the treasure buried on an island with instructions given by the ghost of Captain Dread.
- SCUOWVIC JO OML which means Perspective is All, - A selected card is revealed by the motto.
Volume Six - Good Spirits
- CUT DEEPER READING - Fortune telling presentation of the Cut Deeper Force used to reveal a selected card.
- RITUAL NECKLACE - Three beads are released from two shoelaces on which they have been tied. Includes Harlan's new method for tying the strings.
- ASHES TO ASHES - A tissue paper ghost vanishes in a flash and reappears attached to the back of a selected card, then he vanishes again and is discovered back where he started.
- HORROR MATRIX - Completely new presentation of Matrix in which four coins all collect under one card. The handling is easy and the story is perfect.
- SOULMATES - A card trick performed entirely by the spectator in which God and the Devil reveal the selected card.
- YOUR SIGN - Using some simple props, you can reveal any person's astrological sign.
- TAROT MENTAL - A tarot reading that allows you to gain secret information as a convincer.
- VIKING FUNERAL - A marked coin vanishes in a burst of fire and travels into a package held by a spectator.