Harry Lorayne Worlds Greatest
It's true: When Harry Lorayne teaches on camera, it's almost as if he's sitting with you in your own living room, helping and guiding you. It will be hard for you to decide which you enjoy more - the performances or Harry's explanations. As he teaches a particular routine, he also teaches each sleight, each move, the psychology, the proper attitude to take. Watching Harry Lorayne is watching impromptu close-up magic at its best. Each and every effect, idea, routine in this entire series can be done with a borrowed deck of cards. You'll be thrilled by Harry Lorayne's performing/teaching ability, by his judgment, selectivity, attention to detail. Harry never abandons you during an explanation; whatever he teaches, he teaches thoroughly, walking you through it hand in hand. Be prepared to sit, watch, enjoy - and learn!
- DEAL AND DUCK — With minds like Bill Simon and Harry Lorayne, there’s no way you can go wrong. Here’s a blockbuster concept that requires no sleight of hand at all.
- MANIPULATIVE ACES — Do you want people to talk about your fantastic, incredible, card handling? You do? Just learn this.
- TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER — This was one of Harry’s favorites out of Close-Up Card Magic, way back in 1962. It still is. See it performed by, and learn it from, the master.
- INTER-DIMENSION (Eddy Taytelbaum) — An anywhere, any time, little gem of card magic. Look at Harry’s performance only; you’ll be badly fooled. Then learn this easy-to-do little miracle.
- TWO GAMBLERS & A MAGICIAN (Randy Wakeman) — Harry takes the "magician versus gambler" theme to new levels, new plateaus, new dimensions. A killer routine.
- SNAP! — Here’s the rubber-band effect that started the whole rubber-band-trick craze. The linking, the penetrating, etc., all came about after Harry’s Snap! It’s been ripped off, imitated, "variationed," from here to summer and back again. But nothing compares to the original. See it done right, learn it right.
- LORAYCES (Tim Wenk; Harry Lorayne) — You’ll locate the four aces as nobody has ever located them before —with any deck. All of Harry’s incredible routines are done with a regular deck. WATCH ME WORK (Randy Wakeman; Harry Lorayne) — A gambling demonstration that "rings true." Your audience will believe and enjoy, and marvel at, every exciting moment of it.
- SANDWICHANGE — Typical Lorayne. The wrong card is seen to be between a pair of mates. It never leaves that position yet, it magically changes to the "right" (the selected) card.
- SANDWICHANGE FOR HOFZINSER (Meir Yedid) — Then, use the same easy maneuver for a Hofzinser routine that has stood the test of time. So much better than the original!
- LORAYNE BLUFF COUNT — It’s a "bluff" but, boy, is it a good one. Four of a kind changes to a different four of a kind in an instant.
- THE MOVING PENCIL — Probably the best "special kind" of force ever devised. It’s been used and copied by cardmen all over the world. The routine lets your spectator do the magic.
- MULESHOE GAMBLER — This routine stands head and shoulders above probably every gambling demonstration, with a regular deck, ever thought of, devised, invented, published!
Approximately 70min Volume 10
- EASY INDICATOR — We believe that there is no faster or more magical four-card cull than this. It’s an any (shuffled) deck startler!
- INSTANT FACE-UP CATCH (Steve Naidich; Harry Lorayne) — You’ll use this card revelation immediately. When Harry Lorayne teaches, you learn!
- FOURSOME — We watched Harry do this one for a group of twelve laymen. We watched twelve jaws drop in disbelief.
- OUT OF MY CONTROL — How can you find a selected card that’s "really" lost? Let your spectator do it for you! Learn this, and learn a couple of great sleights at the same time.
- SIX CARD ROYAL —This is one of the wonderful effects out of Doug Edwards Packs a Wallop. The combination of "four"-card repeat, lost-card location, and magical Royal-Flush appearance will probably elicit cheers from your spectators.
- MY SECOND KEEPER (John Quine) — No matter now much the deck is (really) shuffled, the vital card is always, always, where you want it to be —always under your control.
ONE-EYED JACK SANDWICH — Harry says he doesn’t know whether he wants to accept the credit—or the blame—for starting the “sandwich” craze with this effect. This is still the best of them all. An almost perfect card effect.
- TWO-CARD TRICK — The late Bro. John Hamman said that Harry did the best handling of this lovely little gem, one of John’s own favorites. And Harry raves about John's intriguing concept. What a marvelous piece of card magic it is! It originally "saw the light" in an early issue of Apocalypse.
- COLOR-CHANGING DECK #2 — Sit back, relax, just watch — and be entertained. Harry doesn’t teach this one on camera, but he does give a couple of printed hints about the modus operandi.
- HARRY’S MEMORY LECTURE/DEMONSTRATION — A professional taping of one of Harry's live lectures—entertaining and educational! (Details at right.)