Commercial Classics - Johnny Thompson
The material contained in these tapes is made up of classic effects which have stood the test of time and performance and therefore can truly be deemed commercial. They are effects that I've successfully used throughout my career and, in most instances, the moves, routines and handlings were garnered directly from the authors. It is, in my estimation, some of the best close-up, parlor, walk-around and stage magic that has ever been developed and the authors are a virtual Who's Who of magic that run the gamut from Allerton to Zarrow, wth a great deal of Vernon in between. I sincerely hope that you will enjoy learning and performing these wonderful Commercial Classics as much as I have. - Johnny Thompson
- Balls & Net (Silent Mora - Dai Vernon) - Johnny explains the current thinking behind this classic effect.
- Coins Through Table (Al Baker) - A compilation of Baker, Vernon and Slydini.
- Han Ping Chien Coin Trick (Han Ping Chien) - Johnny describes a palms-up version of the Chinese classic.
- Winged Silver (Dai Vernon) - The Professor's method for the classic Coins Across.
- Copper & Silver Transposition (Dai Vernon) - Vernon's handling of this classic is completely explained.
- Vanishing Glass (Glass Through Table) (Max Matini) - The Malini routine is combined with a clever T. Nelson Downs subtlety.
- Benson's Bowl Routine (Roy Benson) - Benson's version of the classic Cups and Balls.
- Matching the Cards (Leipzig's Opener) (Dai Vernon) - Exactly as presented by the Professor.
- Automatic Aces (Birds of a Feather) (Hofzinser) - Thompson's routine for the classic commonly referred to as MacDonald's Aces.
- The Travelers - Card in Envelope (Dai Vernon - Paul Le Paul) - Vernon's handling, completely explained.
- Triumph (Dai Vernon) - A demonstration of the Strip-Out Shuffle method that the Professor actually used when he performed the effect.
- The Endless Chain (George Blake) - A three-phase routine based on material from the Blake manuscript.
- Vernon Poker Deal (Dai Vernon) - The routine includes an explanation of the Zarrow Shuffle.
- Chink-A-Chink (Max Malini) - Malini's routine fully explained.
- The Cap & Pence (Nate Leipzig) - Classic rendition of Leipzig's Pride.
- Mental Card Miracle (Princess Card Trick) (Harry Harper/Dai Vernon) - A full description of the Jacob Daley version of this classic.
- The BiddleTrick (Eimer Biddle / Alex Elmsley / Ed Marlo) - A routine and handling based on the original Biddle effect.
- Malini Card Stab (Max Malini) - A quick and direct method for the Malini classic that is performed on a working surface that can be found in just about everybody's home.
- Koran Medallion (Al Koran) - The Medallion remains in full view throughout the entire presentation.
- Heads Up - A mental effect utilizing borrowed coins.
- Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind(Dai Vernon) - The Professor's classic mental card mystery.
- Phantom Cigarette (Manuel) - Manuel, Master of the Mighty Dollar's technique for this classic cigarette effect is fully described.
- Hanky Panky (Emil Jarrow) - Jarrow's impromptu Solid-Through-Solid routine.
- Spellbound (Dai Vernon) - Vernon's classic routine with some additions.
- Presto Chango (Thomas Beardon) - A highly commercial walk-around routine that ends with a very clean, in-their-hands version of the Copper & Silver transformation.
- Coin In Bottle - Thompson's routine for this classic is loaded with subtleties.
- 3 Ball Routine (John Scarne / Oscar Pladic) - As taught to John by Oscar Pladic.
- No Body Load Livestock Production (Tony Marks) - The best non-body load production ever devised.
- Cups & Balls (Malini / Miller / Gayot / Bosco / Vernon / Daley) - Johnny performs and explains his entire routine.
- Cutting The Aces (Dai Vernon) - The Professor's story-themed classic.
- Color Changing Knife - Thompson's routine is simple, direct and concludes with an unexpected third color change.
- Color Changing Deck (Henry Christ / Paul Curry) - A complete explanation of Paul Curry's commercial routine for the Christ classic.
- In-Depth Interview With Michael Ammar - Michael Ammar conducts an in-depth interview with Johnny Thompson.
- Plus Hear stories about Charlie Miller, Dai Vernon, Max Malini and nights at the Castle. Johnny shares his advice on how to be a good magician.