Genius At Work - Sheridan
4 Volume set Volume 1 - The Street Act
Volume 1 - Street Magic As popular as the concept is now, contemporary street magic can all be traced back to one time, one place and to one performer-Jeff Sheridan. A ubiquitous figure on the busy streets of Manhattan for decades, Sheridan's cool demeanor and red-hot magic stopped busy urbanites dead in their tracks and now, at last, Jeff Sheridan, the father of modern street magic, literally breaks his silence and shares his secrets with you.
Volume 2 - Card Manipulation If you've ever marveled at modern card manipulators and wondered where they learned their skills, you're about to find out. Jeff Sheridan is a master whose advanced skills have amazed even those who know card manipulation techniques. He taught many of the world's most renowned manipulators-and now, on this video, his advanced master class on card manipulation is available to you 24/7.
Volume 3 - Original Creations Jeff Sheridan is one of magic's most original thinkers and on this video, he shares some of his favorite and most closely guarded effects.
Volume 4 Stand-Up Stunners On this volume, Jeff Sheridan shares some amazing effects suitable for parlor and platform.This is innovative, cutting-edge magic that will excite even the most jaded audiences.
Volume 2 - Card Manipulation
- Watch Trick (performance only) - The time on a watch, borrowed from a spectator, is changed merely by the force of the performer's will!
- Swan Lake Rope - An amazing and amusing interlude as a length of rope goes through a myriad of miraculous changes. It's cut, restored, cut yet again, penetrated by a pair of shears, and lots more. A showstopper with the simplest of props.
- Cigarette In The Coat - A classic of magic that still amazes an audience. A lit cigarette is placed into the folds of a borrowed jacket. At the end, not only is the jacket left unharmed but also the cigarette vanishes without a trace!
- Card Manipulation - This is the real work. Watch as Jeff Sheridan vanishes and produces playing cards from thin air, all while surrounded by spectators. (The complete explanations for these amazing techniques can be found on Volume 2.)
- Diminishing Card Routine (Al Baker) - A seldom seen but still stunning effect. The performer takes a fan of playing cards and squeezes them down to successively smaller sizes until they disappear altogether. Learn Jeff Sheridan's original handling for this classic of magic.
- Vanishing And Reappearing Water - An almost impromptu miracle that will enable you to vanish a fistful of water and produce it from just about anywhere.
- Knot Routine - A disobedient piece of rope refuses to hold a knot, despite the performer's best intentions. The performer finally succeeds in forming a knot with one hand before pulling it off the rope altogether!
Back Palm * Continuous Front & Back Palm * Fingertip Production * Producing Two Cards * Cardini Card Production #1 * One Handed Fan * Split Fanning * Producing a Fan of Cards from Back * Sheridan Card Production * Cardini Card Production #2 * Bent Card Production * The Cardini Production (Front View) * Sidegrip Production * Sheridan/Lane Production * Side Grip Production for Fan of Cards * How to Get Into the Position * Front Splitting * Using Double Face Cards * Variant Cardini Production * Front Split to Cardini Palm * Front Split Production * The Boomerang Card * The Two-Handed Fan * One-Handed Fan Closing * Two-Handed S-Fan * Dai Vernon's Snap Color Change * Marlo Snap Change * One-Handed Palm Color Change * Herrmann Pass Color Change * The Giant Fan * Splitting the Fan * Reverse Fan * The Tap Vanish * The Packet Vanish * Classic One-Handed Cut * Paul Draylin Triple Cut * Sheridan's Interlock Card Production * Fan of Cards from a Silk (Cardini Method) * Sheridan's Cards from Silk * Fan Production with Gloves Volume 3 - Original Creations
- Lost And Found Bill - A borrowed bill's serial number matches the performer's prediction - which just happens to be gold-embossed on his wallet.
- Triple Headline Prediction - Combine the classic effects of Mental Epic and Clipline and you have an amazing effect that will confound even those who are in the know!
- Jumping And Linking Pocket Watch - A pocket watch visibly leaps from the performer's pocket and attaches itself to its chain. This is visual magic that defies explanation!
- Cut And Restored String - Two pieces of string are cut in the fairest possible manner yet are restored by the performer.
- Traveling Knot - A scaled-down version of Pavel's classic concept. A length of thread is threaded through a piece of straw. The straw is cut, obviously cutting the string, also. However, the straw is moved along the length of thread until the spectator says stop. The straw is removed to show that the cut point has apparently moved with the straw.
- Dime And Penny - Every magician started with this trick but Jeff Sheridan shows you how to make it into a miracle. A coin visibly turns into another and then penetrates a solid sheet of rubber to fall into a glass.
- Sheridan Princess - Three pairs of cards are placed under wooden plaques. The performer removes one card from under each plaque, correctly predicting the spectator's choice in each case. A triple miracle!
- Card Stab - Another classic of magic given the Sheridan treatment. A selected card is shuffled into the pack, which is then wrapped in a napkin. The performer thrusts a knife through the napkin, impaling the selected card.
- Cold Capsule - Imagine the look on your spectators' faces as a common cold capsule pill dances and animates above your outstretched hand with no apparent means of locomotion. Then, a borrowed ring literally hovers in the air, again with no visible means of support.
- Clone Cards - Wild Card outdone! Several cards turn into a duplicate of a selected card. For the incredible finale, the entire deck is spread to show that every card now matches the selection!
- Secret Slate - The performer is able to flawlessly pick out the business card the spectator has initialed or has drawn a picture on, no matter how much the face-down cards are mixed.
- Cheek To Cheek - A packet of cards is repeatedly mixed up in face-up/face-down fashion yet rights itself - and the fact that it's repeated over and over again is a guaranteed fooler!
Dream Autograph - A selected, signed card turns out to not only match the performer's prediction - which has a different back color and is signed by the performer on the back - but is found to actually be the same card!
Thimbles - A cute manipulative interlude that can stand alone or be used to supplement a thimble routine you already perform.
Pipe Production - A full-sized tobacco pipe is produced from a silk, vanished into thin air and then reproduced under the fairest of circumstances.
Vanishing and Appearing Ladies Fan - Watch closely or you'll miss it! A fan is shown and opened. The performer closes it and it vanishes instantly. Just as suddenly, it's back again!
Silk Through Silk - Two silks are shown. One is formed into a bag and the other is placed inside and then visibly pulled through the bottom of the bag. After the penetration, the other silk is shown to be completely solid.
Torn And Restored Card - A selected card is torn into four pieces, which are then inserted into the deck. With no false moves, the deck is ribbon spread to show the card face up in the middle - and completely restored!
Triple Prediction - An impromptu version of a classic in mentalism. The performer correctly predicts the thoughts of three random spectators.
Hummer Prediction - The performer accurately discerns the whereabouts of three objects placed under wooden plaques.
Wrigley Prediction - A new use for Mental Epic as the performer correctly predicts the spectator's preference in the ordering of three objects.