Mind Mysteries - Richard Osterlind
Richard Osterlind has long been considered one of mentalism and magic's most creative minds. In this exciting new video series, he shares with you not only his most famous creations but also many highly guarded secrets, ideas and routines, many of which are right out of his professional act.
Volume 1 - The Act
It's a rare thing when one of mentalism's leading minds divulges the secrets to his professional act - the material he's been earning a living with for decades. Yet, on this volume of an extraordinary video series, that's exactly what Richard Osterlind does - sharing not only the methods, but the fine details, of the powerhouse effects he's been wowing corporate and trade show audiences all over the world with. Watch him amaze the audience in performance and then go behind the scenes as Osterlind, along with host Jim Sisti, shows you how it's all done
Volume 2 - Breakthrough card System
- Bank Night - Osterlind's original, tried and proven version of a classic, complete with a commercial kicker that will endear you to any audience. A great opener for any act!
- The Perfected Center Tear - Complete instruction in the ultimate version of Osterlind's legendary center tear, which can be done in slow motion and completely surrounded. You rip up the paper...and return all of the pieces!
- Radar Deck - Four spectators just think of a card and the performer names them all! The full workings and never-before-disclosed handling tips are here, including instructions on how to make your own Radar Deck.
- Watch Routine - One spectator thinks of a time while another turns the hands of a face-down watch. When the watch is turned over, it's found to display the first spectator's thought-of time. Perform this miracle anywhere, anytime...and with any watch! Thought Scan - Originally marketed for $250.00, Osterlind's version of the classic Q&A routine is an act in itself. If one could actually read minds, it would look like this!
- Magazine Test - In this never-before-released miracle, the performer predicts the word a spectator will circle on a freely-selected page in a magazine. This was the finale for Richard Osterlind's act for many years.
- Linking Finger Rings - Wedding bands borrowed from three spectators are linked together in the fairest manner possible. This routine has been called the very best version of this classic effect ever conceived and this is the clearest and most-detailed explanation of the real work.
In this volume of Richard Osterlind's landmark video series, he shares perhaps his greatest contribution to magic and mentalism - the Breakthrough Card System, considered by many to be the most ingenious playing card stack ever devised. The spectators could look at the cards for hours and never discover its devilish secret and, for the first time, Richard Osterlind, along with host Jim Sisti, shares twenty years of effects, performance tips, ideas and shortcuts with his inspired creation.
Volume 3 - Assorted Mysteries
- Card Calling - A group of cards are removed from a shuffled jumbo-sized deck and the performer names them all. This effect, one that will play to the largest audience, has been a staple in Osterlind's stage show for over two decades.
- Two Cards in Pocket - A spectator places two cards in his pockets from a deck he's been mixing. Not only does the performer name them but also divines which one is in which pocket. This is a true killer!
- Challenge Mind Reading - A thought-of card is named without the performer ever touching the deck. Quite possibly the most impossible-looking card trick ever!
- Corinda Effect - The performer names a card that was reversed in the deck by a spectator while he was holding the deck underneath the table. This is the trick that started it all!
- Blackjack Demonstration - Your spectators will be convinced that you are the greatest blackjack player ever! You not only know their hole card but also instruct them, quite successfully, on how to play their hands!
In the third volume of this groundbreaking video series, Richard Osterlind shares some of his most treasured Mind Mysteries. There are impromptu miracles to perform for friends at the dinner table along with more elaborate pieces suitable for large stage audiences. Watch him as he baffles a live audience and then go behind the scenes as Osterlind, along with host Jim Sisti, shows you how it's all done.
Volume 4 - More Assorted Mysteries
- Sweeter and Lower - Osterlind updates his classic "Sweet and Low" effect. A signed packet of sweetener is torn and restored under extremely fair conditions.
- Change of Mind- This novel routine allows you to predict the coins that spectators will remove from their pockets. Complete instructions are given for making the ingenious gimmick and Osterlind supplies handlings for both close-up and stage.
- Spoon Bending - Learn how Richard Osterlind bends spoons in the fairest and most visual way. A knockout technique that amazes audiences.
- Radio Sum Total - Osterlind's version of Larry Becker's basic effect where the audience forms the problem to a mathematical answer that's already on display. Suitable for a live audience and even more amazing to perform on the radio!
- Uncanny - An ordinary playing card slowly turns over by itself to reveal it's the thought-of card. No threads, magnets or other gimmicks are used!
- The Nail Writer - Osterlind's personal handling, plus additional tips, for this ingenious tool.
- Lottery Effect - The performer predicts the winning lottery number that 3 spectators freely form.
- Cell Phone Effect - An audience member with a cell phone calls anyone they know and asks them to select a number. It matches the performer's prediction.
- Bill in Cigarette - A spectator's signed bill is destroyed and found inside a borrowed cigarette. An incredibly easy and astounding way to perform this classic effect.
In this final volume of his amazing video series, Richard Osterlind performs some of his most well-known routines in addition to some new, astounding effects that have never been revealed before. You'll see how strong this material is in front of a live audience and then you'll go behind the scenes as Osterlind, along with host Jim Sisti, shows you how it's all done.
- Glass of Water Production - Osterlind's classic glass of water production from an empty and examined paper bag. Paul Daniels and many other stars of magic have featured this on their television specials.
- Imp Pad - Duplicate one of Dunninger's Brain Busters! This is the real way to get information before the show. Plus, complete instructions are given on how to construct the ingenious pad.
- Marked Coin in Bottle - In this version of one of magic's classic effects, the coin is marked by a spectator before being magically passed into a soda bottle by the performer. The spectator's marked coin is actually in the bottle, which must be smashed in order to retrieve the coin.
- Signed Torn and Restored Post-It Note - An ordinary Post-It Note is signed and torn to pieces. The performer restores and returns the signed Note in the fairest possible way.
- Spike Bending - Metal bending for a large stage audience! The performer passes out huge spikes for examination and then apparently bends them with the power of his mind in full view!
- S.O.S. Pseudo-Psychometry Bag - Five spectators drop personal items into a black cloth bag without the performer knowing which person the items belong to. The performer returns each item to its proper owner while giving a psychometric reading for each.
- Signed Torn and Restored Newspaper - This is the most guarded secret in this video series! Any page is selected from a newspaper and signed by a spectator. The paper is torn in half five times and then restored. The signed paper is then returned to the spectator to keep as a souvenir. What's more, the performer is totally clean at the effect's conclusion. This effect has been fooling the best minds in magic for over 15 years and is finally being released!