Magical Artistry Petrick & Mia
Petrick & Mia have cast their magic spell over audiences the world over-from the showrooms of Las Vegas to the most prestigious stages in Europe. Winners of many of magic's most celebrated awards, including the Dragon Award, FISM Special Award of Merit and the Academy of Magical Arts Award, Petrick & Mia's special blend of magic, comedy, modern wizardry and originality have enchanted and amazed audiences for over 20 years. In this stimulating video series, Petrick & Mia perform their original magic creations for an enthusiastic audience and then take you backstage to meticulously explain the devilish and innovative workings of it all. You'll marvel at the impact of Petrick & Mia's magic and then you'll be thrilled at how clever the thinking behind it all is and how simple it is to add these miracles to your own act. Whether you do stage, parlour or close-up work, you'll love the magical artistry that is Petrick & Mia.
Volume One - Platform Magic
Volume Two - Close-Up Magic
- Cut & Restored Ribbon - The performer shows two lengths of ribbon and then clearly severs them. With just a gesture, they are restored.
- Rose Surprise - Flower blossoms are produced from an empty cylinder.
- Vanishing Rose - A rose blossom visibly vanishes right at the performer's fingertips.
- Coin Production - Large silver coins are produced out of nowhere from a sheer scarf.
- Jumping Knot - A red scarf is laid inside a folder. A white scarf is knotted. At the performer's command, the knot vanishes and is found to be tied in the red one.
- Linking Silks - Three sheer scarves are tied into loops which then link and unlink in inexplicable and astounding ways.
- Mia's Silk Puffs / Three Mysterious Knots - Knots are tied into the centers of three sheer scarves. The scarves are then tied together in a loop yet the center knots magically untie themselves while the scarves remain tied to each other.
- Silk into a Bouquet of Flowers (explanation only) - An extremely clever method for producing a bouquet of spring flowers in the center of a sheer silk.
Volume Three - Commercial Magic
- Petrick's Ace Routine - The four Aces are produced from the deck one at a time with a magical flourish. The Aces are then cleanly placed into piles with three other indifferent cards in each pile. The Aces vanish and gather together in one pile.
- Spirit Card - A card from a shuffled deck is selected and signed. The deck is returned to the case and without the performer even touching the deck, the card completely vanishes. The deck is isolated in the case once again and the performer causes the card to reappear reversed in the center.
- Ace of Diamonds - A spectator selects a card and the magician finds the wrong card. Failure turns to magical success as the card is miraculously changed into the selection.
- Undercover - A blank card placed into a transparent folder changes into a previously selected card.
- Pip Penetration - A card is selected and replaced in the deck. The deck is placed into the case and the performer taps on the case. Three pips falls to the table and when the deck is removed from the case, the selected card is found to be missing those very pips!
- Jumbo Card Surprise - A card is selected and returned to the pack. Nine cards are dealt to the table but none of them prove to be the selection despite the performer's claims to the contrary. However, when the cards are turned over, they form a jumbo picture of the selected card.
- Color-Changing Card - An indifferent card changes into a spectator's selection in a visual way right in the performer's hand.
- Trapdoor Card - A signed, selected card is returned to the deck, which is then secured in the case with an elastic band. A jumbo card is placed on the table and the selection appears beneath it.
- Choo Choo Coin - Two cards are selected and placed onto the table in two separate places. A large coin is placed underneath one and with no false moves, the performer causes the coin to vanish and reappear under the other card.
- Magic Eye Box - As he deals, the performer is able to divine any card the spectator stops him on. This ingenious method has many possibilities for the magician and mentalist alike.
- Choo Choo Card - A selected card vanishes from underneath two tabled cards and is found reversed in the middle of the deck.
Volume Four - Original Creations
- Card in the Wallet - The fairest looking version of this timeless classic - ever! A signed card travels into the confines of the performer's wallet, which is retrieved from the pocket with absolutely empty hands.
- Laser Card - A high-tech card discovery! A laser pointer burns a hole in a selected card even though it's in the middle of a cased pack.
- Coin Through Sheer Silk - Simple and elegant. A large coin visibly penetrates the center of a sheer scarf.
- Woo-Doo Card - A selected card is bent by a spectator and one at a time, its three mates in the deck are found bent as if in sympathy.
- Trapdoor Card in Glass - A signed card, secured in a rubber-banded case, escapes in a most mysterious fashion.
- Ring on the Rose - A borrowed finger ring is vanished in a flash of fire and reappears in another flash on the stem of a rose.
- Bang Card - A card revelation is combined with a classic comedy gag to produce a solid piece of magical entertainment.
- Ace on the Edge - The image of a selected card appears magically inscribed on the edges of a beveled deck.
- Credit Card in the Wallet - A borrowed credit card, shredded to pieces, is found restored in a zippered compartment in the performer's wallet.
- Likes Attract - It begins as a silly experiment as a jumbo card is selected from a normal sized deck. Things get serious, however, as the jumbo card is freely inserted back into the deck and ends up next to its match.
- Quickest Color-Changing Card - After a series of serious and not-so-serious shuffles, the indifferent face card changes into the spectator's selection instantaneously.
- Vanishing Banknote - A borrowed bill visibly disappears at the performer's fingertips.
- Vanishing Queen - A spectator selects a Queen and the performer causes it to vanish. The card is still there - just the Queen disappears and ends up in the performer's pocket.
In this volume, Petrick & Mia perform and demonstrate many of their own original magic creations. If you've purchased any of these effects at their numerous lecture appearances, this will be the next best thing to personal instruction. If you don't own these dynamite effects, you'll certainly want to after watching the strong audience impact they have.
- Bewildering Bracelets - Two spring-style bracelets mysteriously link and unlink seemingly at the performer's will.
- Straw Through The Card - A true Petrick & Mia classic. A length of drinking straw penetrates a selected playing card leaving no hole or trace in the card.
- Ring on the Rope & Knotted Card - A borrowed finger ring, dropped into a bud vase, becomes magically knotted onto a length of rope. Likewise, a selected, signed card, placed into a small shopping bag, is also lassoed.
- Buzz Saw Card - A visible penetration of a playing card straight through the other 51!
- Coin Through Banknote - A jumbo coin passes through the center of a folded piece of currency.
- Lethal Teeth - A classic comedy card trick. A set of gag teeth finds two selected cards. The first card is found held tightly clenched by the teeth. The set of teeth finds the second card by apparently biting off a corner. When the teeth are opened, the corner that fits the card is found inside the jaws.
- Houdini Card Escape & Vertical Rise - A selected, signed card rises to the top of the deck while it's in the spectator's hands!
- Rings of Smoke - Three flat rings are linked and unlinked and finally penetrate a length of ribbon. Unbelievably, the rings are then passed out for examination!