(DV4350) Volume 1 DVD $31.00|(DV4351) Volume 2 DVD $31.00|(DV4352) Volume 3 DVD $31.00|(DV4353) Volume 4 DVD $31.00
Best Of JJ Sanvert
This incredible DVD collection contains a massive amount of of Jean Jacques Sanvert's award winning magic. This set includes material from Sanvert's classic card routines, his cocktail pary and table hopping routines, his incredible close-up magic, and finally his masterpiece routines. This collection is truly comprehensive.
Volume One: Table Hopping and Cocktail Parties
Can magic really be this entertaining? But of course...! When FISM winner J. J. Sanvert performs, he only has one goal in mind - to entertain! This is why every routine in his professional repertoire is honed to perfection as he squeezes every last drop of entertainment potential from them. That means that every one of these tricks is strong enough to be your closer!
On this volume, J. J. performs the tricks he uses in strolling situations, much to the obvious amazement and delight of the studio audience. Then, after the show, J. J. rolls up his sleeves and shows you how you can perform his award-winning magic, too!
Volume Two: Classic Card Routines
- Killer Card Routine - This is J. J.'s favorite and it features some of the most eye-popping card effects ever created, all rolled into one ten-minute tour de force. It's the routine that J. J. makes his living with.
- Coin Routine - Take a purse frame and add some half dollars, a few Chinese coins and a couple of spectator's hands and the result is a six-minute coin routine that, as soon as you learn it, you'll perform for the rest of your life.
- Break the Ice - This is the routine J. J. uses to first engage a group in a cocktail setting. A touched card behaves in a variety of startling ways that includes visibly appearing on the face of the deck.
- Reversed - A peeked-at card magically reverses itself in the deck and then penetrates through the deck to drop onto a spectator's hand. For the finale, the entire deck reverses itself around the selection!
- Daryl's (and JJS') Boomerang - A peeked-at card visibly jumps out of the deck and into the performer's other hand and then jumps back again. The card travels across one more time - invisibly!
- Your Favorite Card - A spectator is asked to name any card. The selection is apparently missing from the pack so the performer takes three random cards and, one by one, changes them into the named card. For the finale, the three cards turn into the mates of the selection while the missing "favorite" card is found in the performer's pocket!
- Cigarette Thru Coin - With a politically-correct presentation (smoking is bad for you!) and a handling that utilizes only one hand, J. J. breathes new life into this classic. You'll also marvel at the switch at the trick's end, though you probably won't see it!
On this volume, J. J. demonstrates why he won the FISM world championship for card magic. More than card tricks, these routines are performance pieces that amply demonstrate how entertaining good card magic can be. Watch the amazed expressions on the faces of the studio audience and then sit back and learn as J. J. shows you how it all works!
Volume Three - Masterpiece Routines
- Cannibals - This is J.J.'s signature routine, a highlight of his FISM act, and considered by many to be the best Cannibal Cards routine ever devised. You'll agree, especially when you see the ending!
- Twisting Hofzinser - Hofzinser's classic Four-Ace Problem meets Twisting the Aces and the results are truly amazing. J. J. also teaches his utilitarian Retro Count.
- Ubiquity - The spectator's selected card is everywhere! It even matches the performer's prediction. You'll also learn J. J.'s incredible Twirling Double Lift.
- Invisible Flush Palm - Jennings' Open Travelers with a startlingly new climax.
- Card Fusion - Possibly the last word on this neo-classic. Two cards are visibly fused together face to face and then, just as mystifyingly, are separated. The cards are then signed and fused back to back and given out as an impossible souvenir.
- Table Change - This is one that wowed the judges at FISM. A tabled card visibly changes into a peeked selection.
- Vista - A spectator freely thinks of a card and writes its name on a slip of paper. The performer runs through the cards and sets one aside and it's shown to match the thought-of card. You'll learn how to turn your card case into a magical secret weapon.
- Impossible Prediction - The performer writes the name of a card on a slip of paper and it's found to match the card found at the spectator's freely named number. A strong and virtually self-working miracle!
- Cool Cold - The performer is dealt a Royal Flush from a deck that is shuffled and dealt by the spectator. You'll find many uses for this powerful technique.
On this volume, you'll find three routines that approach the level of magical theater. Each is a showpiece that J. J. has carefully constructed for maximum impact and complete audience engagement. These are the tricks to do if you can only do one!
Volume Four - Close-Up Routines
- Linking Finger Rings - The trick begins along the classic lines - borrowed finger rings link are impossibly linked together. However, where most routines end, J. J.'s just begins. The rings subsequently vanish and each is found in a separate - and equally impossible - place.
- Card in the Lemon - The secrets of the Universe explained with a deck of playing cards and a citrus fruit! A selected card, after going through several miraculous changes, is found inside of a lemon. The routining makes the lemon a logical part of the routine and the ending is guaranteed to elicit a gasp from even the most reserved audiences.
- Babybel - This is the trick that J. J. uses to close his show - that says it all! In this routine that could almost be considered an act in itself, a borrowed bill is vanished and found within a small cheese. It should also be mentioned that said cheese is covered in wax, wrapped in cellophane and factory sealed in a net bag. Oh, yes - the bag is also sealed in a can of peas. This is a Nest of Boxes-type of effect that your audience is never going to believe. Plus, J. J. takes you through the setup of this effect in one of the most meticulous explanations of any magical effect ever committed to video.
On this volume, you'll find a selection of unbelievably strong close-up items that can be performed in almost any situation. Learn them and put them anywhere in your show - every one is a feature piece!
- Psychic Poker - The performer correctly predicts not only a poker hand from a shuffled deck but also a name and address freely chosen from a telephone directory. Utterly baffling...and just about self working!
- I Ching - A brand new deck of cards are shuffled and cards are eliminated by the spectators until only one is left and, after some by-play, is shown to exactly match the performer's prediction. You'll also learn J.J.'s masterful equivoque and verbal control techniques.
- Royal Rollover Aces - If you think you know this classic effect, think again. After the deck is shuffled face up and face down several times, the cards are turned to reveal the four Aces while the remainder of the cards are shown to now be all face down. The Aces are set aside to reveal a Royal Flush in Spades on top of each packet of cards. As if that weren't enough, the five packets are spread to show that each contains four of a kind in matching suit orders. For the incomprehensible finish, the rest of the cards are spread to show that they are now in perfect numerical order. Use this as your closer (though J. J. often uses it as his opener!)
- Bill and Pen - The metal "core" of a borrowed bill is removed and then replaced after which a fountain pen is thrust through it with no damage. J. J. combines two classics of magic and makes the entire procedure logical and magical.
- Surviving Card - If you've ever lost your break or had a troublesome spectator, this routine is the perfect solution. The spectator names the only card not in the deck. It's found, uncannily, in the performer's pocket.
- Show Me A Trick - Once again, J. J. shows you how to handle a situation that every close-up magician faces. This time, you'll learn how to turn a spectator's request that you teach them a trick into a perfect magical moment.
- Flying Dollar - This is the last word in Fingertip Coins Across routines. Coins travel back and forth from one hand to another. For a finale, they all change to Chinese coins. The silver coins are reintroduced magically and then vanished one at a time.