Real World Product Reviews
Reviews from the repertoire of a real working professional!
Issue 6 - December 24th 2014
As a professional magician, I am always looking for the perfect way to
force a card. for example, I could use sleight-of-hand and do a classic
force. Easier options would be the criss-cross force or riffle force. There
are also hundreds of gimmicked decks designed for this purpose to choose
In this issue:
Poor Man`s Casino by Mathieu Bich reviewed by Jon Jensen
Mathew Bich has come up with a unique way to force a card, and I have
fallen in love with it. It is super easy to do, yet appears impossible to an
The procedure is simple, but sounds complicated on paper. A card case
is examined, and is ordinary except for a hole cut in one side. The cards
are shuffled and placed into the card case, the faces of the cards next to
One at a time, the cards are taken from the bottom of the deck, much
like a gambling shoe is used at casinos. The audience can see the bottom
card changing through the hole in the card case, as each card is taken out.
At any time a spectator can stop the dealing. The next bottom card of
the deck is their card, and your force card. The entire process is
When I watched the online demo video, I had no idea how the force was
accomplished. This is far easier and better than anything I could have
come up with. It is the perfect way to force a card, especially when a card
has to be forced under the scrutiny of the audience.
Here are a few reasons I love this trick.
1. It is easy to do. No sleight-of hand, or difficult fumbling of any
2. The spectator can stop you at any point. No timing force.
3. It uses 52 different cards. With a little handling, you can continue
your performance with your favorite card tricks utilizing an ordinary deck.
4. The bottom card is seen to change through the hole in the card
case. This is one of the reasons this card force is so strong.
5. There is a gimmick involved, but there is no suspicion of it in any
way during the performance of the trick.
6. Everything, with a little audience management, can be examined
before and afterwards.
1. I do not perform the trick as explained in Mathew`s booklet and in his
performance video. It just doesn`t work for me. Instead, I use it to force a
card which matches a prediction that has been sitting on the table the
entire time. I also perform it to match a mate from the deck.
2. I set the gimmick as the card case is being examined. It takes just a
second; and with a little practice, you can do it without any fumbling.
SPECIAL. The first 20 customers to order Poor Mans Casino will get The Prediciton
FREE. A $19.95 Value
ORDER POORS MANS CASINO