Second Storm by John Guastaferro Vol 1*
Who says lightning doesn't strike twice? Presenting John Guastaferro's Second Storm, a follow-up to his popular Brainstorm DVDs released in 2003. Second Storm continues John's brand of close-up magic; that is, strong, creative, practical and entertaining—ideal for strolling and formal close-up venues. John has earned the praise of magicians worldwide for his original ideas and effects. As Jon Racherbaumer puts it, Second Storm demonstrates John's unique ability to transform effects into "extraordinary moments." Second Storm includes never-before-seen card and non-card effects, as well as new twists from John's 2005 lecture notes. Also on this series are John's exclusive Brainstorm Breaks, where he shares additional ideas designed to spur your creativity.
- Quick Draw — Here's a great visual opener using nothing more than a pencil and finger ring. Features John's unique Ring Load and Drop Link.
- Tricycle Cards — Four “baby jokers” become all grown up in this charming packet trick. Learn how to make the clever gaff in minutes. Teeter Totter Aces — The spectators help find the four Aces with the push of a finger. Great for strolling.
- Famous Aces — John reveals his stunning Ace assembly, where the Aces completely vanish from their packets and reunite inside the card box. This is the one everyone’s talking about!
- Jokers To Go — Two Jokers inside the card box change places with the spectator’s card. Remote Possibilities — A 52-on-1 card is used as a TV remote to locate the spectator's selection. A clever take on the ambitious card plot, with a surprise finish.
- Fair Trade — The four Aces demonstrate their mind-reading ability, then transpose with the four Kings.
- QuickPocket — The signed Kings are placed in four different pockets, then instantly change places with the spectator's signed Aces. Two variations included.
- The Eerie Truth — A random card is selected using a few rolls of the dice. After showing that your written prediction matches the selected card, you reveal the eerie truth that the trick never happened!
- BONUS: Vino Aces — Featured on L&L's World's Greatest Magic series, John’s "Vino Aces" is a spectacular presentation piece based on the classic "MacDonald's Aces." Perfect for both close-up and parlor settings.
- Cigarette Pack to Cards — A quick, visual opener where a pack of cigarettes instantly transforms into a deck of cards.
- The Stress Test — An ingenious card revelation using a stress test card.
- Trans-Pocket Switch — Show a card in your pocket before it’s actually there. This simple, yet deceptive switch has several clever applications.